Posted 31 December 2014, 18:27
It has been a full and interesting year. Some highlights:
- My piece ~60 Hz was released as a CD on the Irritable Hedgehog label featuring beautiful artwork by Scott Unrein and a great liner note essay by Marc Weidenbaum.
- I created a live soundtrack for Greg Kowalski’s production of Sarah Kane’s play Crave, which Greg, Dei Xhrist and I presented at the New York Fringe Festival. I adapted this work as a release on the Stasisfield netlabel called Absence sleeps between the buildings at night.
- I performed the new piece Prism, Mirror, Lens at Electronic Music Midwest, where I had a great time and made a number of new friends and allies. I hope to release a full-length version of this piece in some form sometime in 2015. On the same trip, I played my first gig in Chicago (at Space Oddities), which was a lot of fun, and also a great opportunity to hang out with and share a bill with Cinchel, Jason Soliday, and Mike Weis.
- I participated in several collaborations:
- I made my first two submissions to 60×60, and participated in three Disquiet Junto projects.
- I played with the Dave Kontak Ensemble, a group dedicated to the use of Dave’s unique instruments.
I got a few nice reviews:
It was very nice to be mentioned on a few end-of-year lists from people I respect:
Finally, here’s a playlist of all the individual tracks I published on SoundCloud in 2014 (in chronological order):